THE QUEEN'S ARMY BY MARISSA MEYER

Title: The Queen's Army
Series: The Lunar Chronicles, #2.5
Author: Marissa Meyer
Publisher: Tor Books
Rating: ★ ★ ★ 
He knew that Jeal's pack would be chossen for the queen's mission because of him. They would become her special, prized soldiers. Their bodies would not be tampered with again.
- Marissa Meyer, The Queen's Army 
It is time. The boy must leave his family to serve in the Queen's army. To be chosen is an honor. To decline is impossible. The boy is modified. He is trained for several years, and learns to fight to the death. He proves to the Queen -- and to himself -- that he is capable of evil. He is just the kind of soldier the Queen wants: the alpha of his pack.
source: goodreads.com

In an unnecessary anticipation for Scarlet (the book's already out), I decided to read the short story taking place before the second book in The Lunar Chronicles: The Queen's Army. I still don't know wether it was the best to read it before Scarlet, or read Scarlet first. I did the first option, and I think I'm okay with that, although I'm currently dealing with lots of questions.

To be honest, if it wasn't for the Queen's appearance and the mention of Luna and Artemisia, The Queen's Army could have been a novella from a completely different series. No glass slippers or androids, but soldiers and wolf packs. I really enjoyed this type of novella. It's interesting to see how a little boy can evolve from Omega to Alpha, with cruelty and violence. The whole wolf thing in general is one of my weaknesses when it comes to reading, so that was very nice to have.

The reason I didn't give it five stars was because of the length of pages. I wanted more! Okay, it's a novella, but The Queen's Army has definitely brought up some feelings, and questions like I said. I feel so bad for Z and his brother. How Z wanted to defend him but he kept pushing him away. I really want to see more of him, and I have a slight feeling that I will.


Aurélie Cremers is an eighteen-year-old living in Belgium. As an active member on Goodreads, Edelweiss and Amazon, she's always spreading her reviews to express her opinion and influences her followers to read the books she fairly enjoyed. When she's not writing, you can find her at her local bookstore or in a classroom. With her blog, "Exploring Pages", Aurélie hopes to gain a larger public in the near future and to continue that what she'll always love doing: writing.

Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home